Current Progress

29/100

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Prompt #007 - Days

Prompt # 007 – Days


At The End of the Day


Time Frame: The Last Olympian (just before the final battle)

Pairing: Percy/Annabeth

POV: Percy


**

“At the end of the day there's another day dawning
And the sun in the morning is waiting to rise
Like the waves crash on the sand
Like a storm that'll break any second
There's a hunger in the land
There's a reckoning still to be reckoned and
There's gonna be hell to pay
At the end of the day!”

-“At the End of the Day”

From: Les Miserables

**

I have always been stubborn. Annabeth has constantly reminded of how annoying I am because of it since we first met. But I don’t mind much. It’s a good thing I sometimes. Like now.


We are divvying up Manhattan. This is my city’s final stand. We, the children of the gods, heroes of our age are finally at the end. Now, it is do or die.


Everything is here. My family, my friends, my home, my life…if I give it up there will be nothing left of me. New York is my home.


And if Kronos and his army take over, they are going to have to take me with it.


Annabeth looks over at me, and I see her eyes. So grey. And can tell she’s scared. Her mind is racing, calculating, analyzing, but she is scared. I am too, but I try not to let it show in my voice. Because of her, surely—she is why I am so strong even now.


I need to have those eyes clear and focused now. It is essential. I need to let her know this mad game is almost done.


Because one way or another it will be over soon. And I refuse to let us be the ones defeated.


We are heroes. We will conquer.


When the smoke clears, it will be our blades and armor that shine in the sunlight. It will be our voices that ring victorious over Manhattan.


We will not give up hope.


Because at the end of the day…we will still be standing.


~fin~

No comments:

Post a Comment